As fall gets colder and the trees start to look bare, there is nothing better to warm up you and your family than a bowl of delicious homemade chili! And what better way to mix it up than to trade out the everyday chili varieties for something new? Try this White Chicken Chili recipe – bonus: it serves 10, so if you have a smaller family, freeze half for a quick meal later in the week!
Favorite White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 4 cups White Beans (cooked from dry beans or canned)
- 1 cup Butter Beans (canned)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Peppers (chopped)
- 1 Onion (large, chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Green Chili (chopped, adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Milk
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- ¾ pound Chicken (cooked & cubed or shredded. See how to make an easy whole chicken in the croc pot here.)
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sauté peppers and onion in olive oil.
- Add green chili to taste, garlic, spices, and chicken broth. Let simmer on stove for 20 minutes.
- Add milk, cooked beans, and cooked chicken. Allow to thicken before adding cilantro. Heat through.
- Toast corn tortillas and cut crisp tortillas into strips. Use on top of your chili, and add sour cream and shredded cheese too for some extra flavor (and Calcium!).
Note: If using canned beans, rinse and drain before using to reduce sodium content.
Love this recipe? Be sure to also check out: