We all need easy, healthy go to meals. That’s why I love this chicken recipe adapted from 100 days of real food. Toss it in the crock pot right after lunch and it’s ready to go at dinner time. Ready to hear how easy it is?
- 2 Onions
- Whole Chicken
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Chop the onion in big chunks and toss it in the crock pot.
- Put the chicken in the crock pot on top of the onions, breast down.
- Sprinkle the spices on top of the chicken.
- Cook on high until the chicken is cooked and the chicken is falling off the bone. (Depending on the size of the chicken this will be about 4 hours.)
- Great with potatoes, rice or shredded on sandwiches. Depending on the size of your family you may or may not have leftovers.
- No need to clean the crock pot just yet. Throw the bones and any skin back in and make chicken stock.
P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).