She spent one night with grandma and came back a different girl.
It wasn’t even 24 hours. Grandma picked her up in the afternoon and I picked her up first thing that following morning, who would have thought someone could change so quickly.
It wasn’t a bad change, she just grew up. When they’re 2 they change a lot everyday, but sometimes you don’t notice until you’re apart.
I was so glad I noticed this time, it was another great reminded of how precious every single day with her is. Time is so fleeting. Every night I give her a kiss and thank God for the opportunity to spend that day with her.
And to make sure I make the most of everyday, I’m going to start doing these 9 things…
9 promises to my little girl
1. I’m going to let the laundry pile up and paint nails with you instead.
2. Next time we head to the park I’m not going to sit and watch, I’m gonna swing on the swing set with you, and I’m gonna chase you up the ladder and down the slide.
3. Next time we have a tea party I’ll stay off my phone.
4. Next time you smile and it melts my heart, I’m going to put down the camera and soak you in instead. I love pictures but I want time with you more.
5. Let’s turn on the music and dance.
6. Next time we’re at the grocery store, I’m buying your favorite snack and we’re gonna sit on the porch, munch it together and chat. We’ll chat about all your favorite things, animals, colors, swimming and family.
7. Next time you hug me, I’ll squeeze you until you let go.
8. Put on your shoes, because this summer we’re playing outside more. Let’s pick flowers, blow bubbles and play chase until I can’t run another step.
9. And from now on when you yell, “mama, mama, mama” a million and a half times, driving me nearly crazy, I’m going to smile because I know you won’t be little for long.
Thanks Horizon Organic for inspiring positive lifestyles and being my daughter’s favorite snack (Honey Snack Grahams)!
Next time I send her off to grandmas, I know she’ll change again but I’m ok with that because I’ll know I made the most of every opportunity.
One More Thing
Ready to de-stress + spend more quality time with your kids?
This post comes with a free family organizer. Get all the printables, plus join my weekly newsletter! Just click here to download and subscribe.
Here’s a sneak preview!
Want more great posts?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).