Bummer! You feel a cold coming on. Quick! As fast as you can, do these 6 things!
If you’re like me, and hate colds, hate the congestion, the sleepless nights, the exhaustion and the overall icky feeling, do these!
6 Things To Do for a Cold
1. Vitamin C — I take capsules and also try to eat lots of foods high in Vitamin C.
2. Garlic — I do both garlic capsules and add raw garlic to my food.
3. Water — Aim for about 3 quarts of water a day and squeeze some lemon in here and there.
4. Herbal Tea — This is not only soothing for your throat but also a great way to drink more water without even realizing it!
5. Extra Sleep — There’s a reason our mother’s use to tell us, “Rest. Rest. Rest.” Resting works! Which leads me to #6:
6. Breathe Right® Nasal Strips — While resting sounds great in theory, nasal congestion makes it nearly impossible to sleep comfortably while you’re sick! Or maybe it’s your husband who has the cold and his mouth breathing is preventing both of you from getting a good night’s sleep. Recently, a light bulb went off for me, I realized Breathe Right® nasal strips could be used to help relieve nasal congestion caused by the common cold, it hadn’t dawned on me before now! “Breathe Better. Sleep Better.” Who doesn’t want that?! I know I’m not alone! In a recent survey by the Breathe Right® brand, 59 percent of respondents said they sleep next to a mouth breather and 47 percent believe it impacts their ability to get a good night’s sleep. They need help too!
Have you used Breathe Right® nasal strips when suffering from nasal congestion? I’d love to hear if they worked for you! Share about it on social media with the hashtag #NightsRight.
Let’s Get Our Nights Right, Together!
Putting on Breathe Right® nasal strips is easy, just make sure you clean your face first and then center it on your nose!
And, while we’re on the subject of Breathe Right® nasal strips, here’s a goofy video on how well they work, so well in fact that you’ll finally be able to hear your thoughts again… “How do you spell Keen Wah?” Haha! What crazy thoughts do you have at night? My brain always floods with all the things I forgot to do that day… what about you?
You can also stop by the Breathe Right® Facebook page, click the Sleepstakes, and enter for a chance to win the $2500 grand prize!
7. Essential Oils — one last thing we like to do is diffuse a protective blend of essential oils to help support the immune system while we’re sick. I also do this anytime we are exposed to someone who is sick.
What do you do at the first sign of a cold?
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of TapInfluence for Breathe Right® nasal strips. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as compensation to thank me for my participation.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).