We love bath activities, especially when the days turn off cold and we need a fun indoor activity to break a rut! We have rounded up our favorite bathtime activities for a rainy, cold, bad or just any day!
1. Glow in the Dark Water – This is so much fun! Turn the lights off and let the kids explore bathtime with glow sticks and balloons!
2. Shaving Cream Bathtub Paint! This is a great way for kids to paint and the clean up is as easy as rinsing off the tub! It’s practically like precleaning right?
3. Ocean Jello Bath — We love sensory projects and this has fun, messy, slimy, and easy written all over it! Tak the day and do ocen crafts, read a book about fish, and then take them to tub and let them explore the ocean with their hands!
4. Ice Fishing — Get baskets and let the kids fish the ice! Fun to watch them hurry before it melts! Creates hours of fun!
5. Homemade PVC Bathtime Toys! — Kids can create and see how water and gravity work together as they make their own PVC pipeline!
6. DIY Bath Crayons – This one is self explanitory! Let the little picasso go to work on the tub!
7. Polka Dot Bath — Foam sheets can be cut into any shape but how fun is this? Little lily pads! Grab a toy frog and have him hop from color to color to add a little color learning in there.
8. Gardening Bath — Bring outside in! This includes a receipe for “Dirt Dough” So it looks like real mud to plant all those fake flowers!
9. Pool Noddle Basketball — Have old pool noodles from the summer? Cut them up and make hoop out of one and play bathtub basketball! Little boys love this! They can keep score with the cut up noodle pieces!
10. Sponge Boats — The possibilities are endless! We like to grab straws and race them down the tub!
11. Bath Salts — A great sensory and smell activity. They feel like sand and kids can mix and match!
12. Water Balloons — What better play to play with water balloons than in the tub!
13. Pool Noodle Water Wall — This is great for older kids that can build them without help so they can learn how to move the water, but is still great for toddlers to stand and pour water without the fear of mess!
14. Surprise Ice Cubes — Freeze little gifts inside ice cubes and watch the kids excitement as the ice melts and reveals their little toy!
15. Bath Slime — This one explains itself! Slime!
16. Scented Bubble Painting! — This is one of my favorites! Spray bottles paint the bubbles!
17. Soap Clouds — These double as a science experiment, and then take them to the bath and form and mold them into all kinds of shapes and creatures!
18. Sponge Jenga — Play this fun Sponge Game in the Tub or just build crazy fun towers!
Which is your favorite? If you’re favorite isn’t listed above please come share with us on Facebook!
Cloud Dough – 2 Ingredients = Hours of fun! Seriously my kids practice cooking for hours! So much fun!
Rubber Band Splatter – This one could also be done in the tub! Rubber bands and paint endless outcomes!
10 Shaving Cream Art Ideas – who knew a bottle of shaving cream could equal so much fun.