This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Newell Rubbermaid , but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #stockup4schools http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
21 Flares Made with Flare More Info'> 21 Flares ×
The holidays are over and your kids are probably a little bummed they have to go back to school. How can you make back to school after the holidays more fun for them? Try these great surprises while you restock on school supplies, and make this their favorite back to school ever!
1. Put new school supplies GIFT WRAPPED in their backpack for their first day! I made a trip to Staples and found these colored PaperMate pens, and fun patterned erasers.
It was so much fun to wrap them and sneak them into backpacks for that first day back!
2. Pack their favorite lunch with a fun note! PaperMate has colored gel pens that are great for doodling – my kids know I’m a terrible artist, but they still love the lunch box notes.
Stumped on what to write? Try one of these 13 Encouraging Phrases for kids!
3. Help them choose their “first day of school” outfit – this is a good chance to wear new clothes they got as gifts over the holidays, or maybe to surprise them with a new pair of silly socks, or a new scarf!
4. Plan a date night with each of your kids during the first week back. Maybe you surprise them by picking them up at school for a lunch date, or stop by your favorite coffee shop for some hot chocolate after school. After a few weeks home together for break, your kids may act like they can’t wait to get away from you. . . but the reality is, they will probably miss you a lot the first week back!
5. Include a small gift to make back to school after the holidays more fun for their teacher – having new PaperMate pens seems like a small gesture, but it will let your kids’ teachers know you are thinking of them.
Bonus: If you drive your kids to school, make a “school playlist” for the car! Include their favorite songs to rock out to and make the ride to school full of lip syncing, dance party, car-bouncing fun. My mom did this for us growing up and it’s one of my favorite memories with my siblings!
Inspired to get some back to school gifts for your kids and their teachers? Well, you’re in luck! The entire week of January 17th save 40% off all regular priced PaperMate products, while supplies last. Shop at Staples and restock on all your school supplies at once!