What busy mom doesn’t want to save time in the kitchen? One of our family goals for 2016 has been to spend more time together – I’ve realized I can cut down on my time “away from” my kids by being more efficient in a lot of my tasks around the house!
It seems like there are so many tips and tricks for cleaning quickly out there. Whether you are browsing Pinterest, reading your favorite blog, or just chatting with Grandma, every has something to share. In my house, the kitchen claims most of my time – here are some of the best ways I have found to save time in the kitchen and stop worrying about the small things, so I can spend more time with my family and friends.
Better Ways to Save Time in the Kitchen
- Try Easy One Pot Meals. And yes – these are “good enough” for guests too! By using minimal dishes while cooking, and then Dixie products for eating with, you will have almost zero clean-up . . . sounds ideal to me. Your friends will LOVE this – not only the delicious meal, but the extra time they get to spend with YOU.
- Choose food items with lots of color! This automatically makes your whole meal appear more appetizing and saves you the time of trying to spruce things up at the last minute. And serve foods whole when you can – it saves time chopping and helps make sure you don’t lose key nutrients as well.
- These 10 Minute Lunch Ideas are simple recipes that will help get you out of the kitchen and enjoying time with your family – perfect for busy weekends (or busy stay-at-home moms!).
- For those days when you have time to plan ahead, check out this article on how to Freeze Ground Beef after Browning.
- Find awesome kitchen gadgets like these Herb Scissors! Mine save me so much time with chopping, it’s unbelievable. And I love feeling like I can use fresh herbs without having to take up TONS of time.
- Plan ahead with Simple Food Prep. These are ideas that don’t require the time it takes to meal plan, so they can be used even on your most disorganized weeks!
- This is the hardest, but probably most important thing you can do – let your kids help! Ok, I realize this may not actually be a huge time saver (in fact, let’s be real – it probably makes things take longer!). But, if our goal with saving time in the kitchen is so that we can have more time with family, then bringing the family into the kitchen kills two birds with one stone, right?
Really, every kiddo who is walking and holding things on their own can help in the kitchen.
- Trying using paper or plastic products and teaching them to set the table.
- Put your plastic cups and plates in lower cupboards so they can help unload the dishwasher.
- Find a sturdy step stool so they can help with food preparation.
- Next birthday, give them their very own apron and make kitchen time something to look forward to.
- Get Dad in on the fun – my dad always says “We have two dishwashers – me and (insert kid name here).” All this things help teach good work ethic and independence.
What have you found that saves the most time in the kitchen? Is there anything you’ve tried that just doesn’t work at all?
Thanks for stopping by! If you like this, you may enjoy reading:this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).