Who doesn’t love cookies?!
Especially when you can both eat and play with them! If you’re ready to have a little fun with your dessert try these Tic-Tac-Toe Cookies featuring Nestle Toll House DelightFulls! Don’t just play, don’t just eat — do both together!
We’re excited to partner with Nestle Toll House, since their DelightFulls are the perfect finishing touch to make these cookies absolutely delicious!
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/3-1/2 cup flour
- 2 bags Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels: 1 Milk Chocolate Morsels with Caramel Filling and 1 Milk Chocolate Morsels with Peanut Butter Filling
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix butter, sugar & brown sugar until smooth.
Tip: Mixing by hand will create a fluffier cookie.
3. Mix in egg and vanilla.
Tip: Quickly beat the egg with a fork before adding to the cookie batter.
4. Add baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
5. Add in the flour slowly: 1/3 flour, mix, 1/3 flour, mix, 1/3 flour, mix.
Tip: There’s 2 parts to making sure your cookies keep their shape.
- Make sure you use enough flour so the batter is not sticky, without enough flour your cookies will flatten.
- Roll your dough flat and keep the shapes skinny so there’s room for them to expand.
6. It’s time to make your tic-tac-toe shapes, roll your dough flat and then:
- O’s — using a jar with a narrow mouth stamp circles, then take a knife to cut out the inside to make a doughnut shape. My cookie doughs O’s rough dimensions: 2 inches diameter with at least a one inch hole — this is pre-cooked.
- X’s — using your knife cute several rectangles about 1cm wide and 2-3 inches long. Lay them on top of each other to make X’s.
7. Line your shapes with DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels. O’s with with caramel filled morsels and X’s with with peanut butter filled morsels.
8. Cook for 5-6minutes. They don’t take very long because they are so thin.
9. Remove from oven and let cool.
While your cookies are cooling draw your game board! Scrapbooking paper is the perfect size.
Play. Eat. And have fun!
For more delicious cookie recipes stop by Nestle Toll House’s site here.
Thank you to Nestle Toll House for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try the new DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels!
Before you go… are you following us on Facebook and Pinterest yet?
Visit Alida | The Realistic Mama’s profile on Pinterest.this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).
Download My Free Family Organizer
Ready to de-stress + spend more time with your kids?
Life gets busy. I hear you. I'm here to show you how to CREATE more time for what matters most. Get a free family organizer as a thank you for joining our newsletter – includes monthly calendars, chore charts, meal planners and more...
Leave a Reply