I’m a little late publishing this months income report because… we’re moving! But not just anywhere – we are moving into an RV!!
Our house sold in a day (!!) and a new adventure is calling our name.
The blog is officially supporting itself enough that we can travel full time and make money while we’re traveling. When I started this blog (two and a half year ago) I never would have guessed any of this! This could be your story too. You may not want to move into an RV but I bet you do want financial freedom.
My life has been so blessed, it was time for me to pay it forwards. For the past 4+ months I have been working on Successful Startup – an online course that walks a beginner through every single step of starting a successful, money-making blog.
The exact same steps I took on The Realistic Mama.
The course is also a means of passive income for my family but mainly I’m excited to watch the lives it changes and connect with each student in our private Facebook group. You should see my smile everytime someone enrolls – they are one step closer to their dream! I may be more excited for them than they are. 😉
Sometimes in life, we have to take a leap of faith towards a dream. I started this blog and held my breath, hoping something would come out of it and if nothing did, I didn’t have anything to lose, besides some minimal startup costs.
This Month’s Income Report
I love sharing my income report every month because I know how much blogging has changed my life and I want it to change your life too. You can skip the following intro if you’ve read our income reports before.
Each month I keep track of how much we make, share what changes we’ve made and what we’ve learned. My hope is that it inspires you because you are also an outstanding mom with incredible talents.
This post contains affiliate links but only for things I have used and love.
Two and a half years ago I started this blog (I also had a 4 month old at the time). I wanted to test if you could make money blogging or not.
One year later my “little” part-time blog started steadily making more than my husband’s full-time job. I was shocked!
18 months later my husband quit his job and now we both work from home!
We even took 3 months off, when baby #2 was born, and the blog still made steady income -through passive income streams we had set up beforehand. All we did was check in here and there.
How would finically freedom change your life?
- Going to the zoo with your family and making money while you’re there.
- Traveling the US with your family for months at a time.
- Paying off your house early. (It doesn’t have to be 30 years from now).
- Buying your dream car.
- Saving for your kids’ college.
- Starting that art studio you’ve always wanted.
- And more.
To help show you it’s possible, let’s take a look at my income report below.
Total July Income:
Last month, the blog made $10,478.
While my goal was to make $30,000 I am a hundred percent thrilled with $10,000. Because of the blog I work from home, my husband quit his job and we can spend tons of extra time with our kids. Pretty cool, huh?
This can be your story too.
If you need someone to push you. Let this be your push.
I even created a tutorial for you on How to Start a Blog Today. You can start a blog for as low as $3.49 a month (that price is only through our link) and if you select a year you can also get your domain name free! Then, you can take my course Successful Startup to turn it into a successful, profitable blog.
Display Ads: $2,707
We currently use AdThrive to manage all our display ads. We made the switch over to them once we had enough traffic to qualify. Before that we used Google Adsense.
Sponsored Posts: $150
When I do take on sponsored work one of my favorite companies to get work from is IZEA.
Sharing Essential Oils: $174.38
If you want more info on joining our Essential Oil team email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliate Income: $6,747.03
This comes from several different sources, including:
• Amazon affiliates (linking to products I’m anyway mentioning in posts)
• Ebates (make cash back on things you’re anyway buying online)
• Bluehost (you can see my tutorial on how to start a blog here)
• ConvertKit (my favorite newsletter service)
I recently moved my newsletter over to ConvertKit and have noticed it feels much more personal with my readers. I think a really good newsletter service makes a huge difference in income in general but for affiliate income especially.
175 Best Date Ideas: $699.26
Some of this is split with my affiliates. If you’re interested you can become an affiliate by clicking here. You’ll make $5 for every purchase through your link.
I’m super happy with this month’s income and the direction the blog is headed.
We love Mondays and we want you to, too!
My Blog Goals
- Hit 100,000 followers on Pinterest next month — I’m so close!
- Enroll 400 students in Successful Startup.
- Financially, I have a goal to have a $30,000 income month and I’d like to earn enough to buy my next house without a loan — I’ve had that goal since I was a little girl and I’d love to make it happen before my next birthday.
What I’m Currently Working On
- I’m currently reading through Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less and now I’m busy searching for non-essential things in my life that I can stop doing. I’m also starting to realize I can’t do it all in blogging so I’m focusing on the most important things: my readers and connecting more deeply with them and passive/affiliate income so that I can spend more time with my family and still pay the bills.
- Finish going through Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, which is helping me focus on my most important goal.
- I’m busy promoting Successful Startup — the launch period is from now until August 28th (the course is on sale for $147 during launch, after that it goes up to it’s regular price of $197). I’m reading up on how to host the best live webinars so I can share all about the course with those interested.
- On a personal note, we are going through a major purge in preparation for the RV. I never realized how much stuff we had just sitting around and I am excited about our journey into minimalism (I am also currently reading The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own. Whenever I’m having a hard time deciding what to keep and what to get rid of I read a quick chapter to re-inspire me!)
How to Start Your Own Blog
If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog, here’s your chance.
Important note: If you want to make money through a blog, it’s important that you own your blog and get a self-hosted site. Instructions on what that means and how are HERE. It will be the difference of just blogging for fun versus running a profitable blog. You can start a blog for as low as $3.49 a month, and if you select a year you can also get your domain name free – use this link.
Next, check out my new course to turn your new blog into a successful, profitable blog!
Invest in Yourself, Invest in Your Future
My course is here!
Successful Startup is a step-by-step guide on how to start a blog the right way. It walks you through every single detail, from deciding the perfect blog name to getting your first paycheck.
Successful Startup is a fast track. It will save you hours and hours of time. It will get you where you want to go quickly and efficiently, and it will all be done the right way.
You’ll know what to spend your time on (and what not to waste your time on) so you can get to the money-making stage pronto.
Plus, join our exclusive Facebook group as a bonus of enrolling!
Join our Blogging Tips Newsletter
Click here to join or fill out the following form.
Disclaimer: Blogging is a wonderful business with a very low start up cost but it’s not a “get rich quick” scheme. How successful you will be will depend on how much time, commitment, marketing knowledge, resources and investment you are willing to give. These income reports are a great tool to help you get started and focus in the right direction.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).