Get ready for tons of easy healthy snacks!
I keep seeing post after post on meal planning and food prep and while both are great time and money savers, one that is often overlooked is snack prep. Taking an hour (or even less) to prep out a week’s worth of snacks has been saving me tons of time and money. Here 6 of my favorite go-to snacks that I can quickly prep and they last us a whole week! I spend a little time on Sunday getting it ready and then we’re all set for the week and I can spend more time with the family.
First things first, save time and make clean up easier by thinking ahead! For example, I throw things in the dishwasher as I go, use paper plates, Sparkle® Paper Towels, and plastic snack bags whenever I can.
6 Healthy Snacks to Prep Ahead of Time
1. Berries — these are delicious by the handful or paired up with some plain yogurt throughout the week.
Wash them and then lay them out on a paper towel to dry while you work on your other snacks. Once they are dry throw them in plastic snack bags and they are ready to go. Having washed prepped berries keeps them from going bad in the back of my fridge.
Don’t put the paper towel away just yet, keep it out so you can wipe down the kitchen for a super quick clean up when you’re finished prepping.
2. Toddler Muffins — it only takes a few minutes to combine the ingredients and then you can work on the rest of the snack prep while they cook in the oven.
I love that these muffins include a choice of fruit or veggies. It’s a tasty way to incorporate more healthy produce into my family’s diet. Plus, the muffins are super filling, which is perfect for my toddler who seems to be a bottomless pit these days.
Grab the muffin recipe here.
3. Cubes of Cheese — we buy big blocks of cheese, which seem to be cheaper and then chop them into small bite sized cubes ourselves. It only takes a minute and even better yet, my husband usually helps with this task!
4. Trail Mix — I used to make a really complicated trail mix but then realized that simple “recipes” with just 2-3 ingredients we’re just as good. My current favorite right now is simply chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Other ingredients you can include: raisins, almonds, cashews, peanuts, dried unsweetened coconut flakes, etc.
Notice my “super-fancy” funnel. A good ole’ sheet of paper works awesome for a funnel in a pinch.
5. Frozen Popsicles — we love making homemade ones so we can control the ingredients and keep them much simpler and healthier than what you can buy at the grocery store. Here are three of our favorites, the quickest is listed first:
- Just plain juice
- Add some berries and top with juice
- Smoothie popsicles (there are tons of recipes on Pinterest.)
6. Frozen Banana Slices — this is one of the easiest and yet continues to be a favorite week after week. Slice up a few bananas and lay them flat on a cookie sheet (or paper plate) in the freezer. Once frozen throw them into a plastic bag in the freezer to munch on anytime!
Save time and money by prepping snacks — download the free printable with all the snacks listed and space for you to make your grocery list too! Don’t forget to add Sparkle® Paper Towels to your list and grab a $1 off coupon HERE. It’s a messy world out there. ™
Find more genius tips to save money and time on Sparkle® Facebook Page.
More Time Saving Posts You’ll Love:
Do you have a time and/or money saving tip to add? We’d love to hear them in the comments!
It’s a messy world out there™. Saving money, and time with Sparkle® paper towels can help you spend more time on parts of life that matter more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sparkle® paper towels. The opinions and text are all mine.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).