“Life is only available in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
February 2017 Income Report
Middle of February marked our 3 year anniversary of starting this blog!
I still remember the day I started this blog, chatting with Corey about it and then deciding to actually go for it. I was nervous, excited and curious to see what would come of it. When I started my blogging business, I only had a limited number of hours each week to blog. Just like you, I was also running a home, raising kids, married and more.
If my time was so limited, why did I decide to start a blog?
Because I knew if I could contribute financially to our family we would be able to travel more, spend more time together, purchase our first home, and my husband Corey would be able to work less hours.
It was hard.
I felt like I was going to night school. During the day I would take care of my family, after dinner I would help put the kids to sleep, spend some time with my husband and clean up the house. Then when the clock struck 9 I started blogging.
It was worth it.
• In month 6 of blogging, I made $856.00
• In month 9, I made $3641.00
• In month 14, I made $9685.00
• Month 18 of blogging my husband quit his job and now works at home with me
• We get to spend more time together and with our kids
• We both love our jobs
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine blogging would become the sole income of our family, many months making more than quadruple what we made before.
I enjoy sharing my income reports to help inspire others moms who are thinking about starting a blog. If you’ve thought about starting a blog one day, why not make today that day?
Join my FREE video training: Basics of Blogging – it will walk you through exactly how to start, even if you aren’t tech savvy (I wasn’t at all when I started).
In February 2017, we made $5,309 blogging.
Every month I get so excited as I total up the income for the month. I am proud of February.
You’ll notice it’s a little lower than our monthly average but since we’re in the middle of a move and since January and February are notoriously low in the blogging world – we’re doing great! December is usually one of the highest blogging income months – so we use it to help average out January and February.
Our blogging income does fluctuate but always makes more than we need.
Average Monthly Income December through February: $6,845
Total this year so far: $10,928
Total all-time blog income: $185,303
For reference, between Corey and I, we work around 25-30 hours a week combined.
Where does the income come from?
We make our money through advertisement, affiliate income, sponsored work, and the products we have created. You can learn more about the ways bloggers make money in my FREE video training: Basics of Blogging.
My Goals for 2017:
- Improve Successful Startup so it is even more beneficial for moms. I want to make sure I’m sharing only the most important, helpful information in the most streamlined way possible. I respect your time, you’re a mom with plenty else on your plate, I want to help you get to your big dreams as fast as possible.
- Help 1000 moms enjoy their life more, spend more essential time with their kids, and love their husband more deeply every day. I set myself a number so that I would be able to measure my success. My hope is once I hit 1000, I’ll set a new number and keep going from there.
- Over the course of the year create/improve 3 passive income streams. That way I can work smarter not harder and spend more time with my family, friends, and blessing you and my other readers.
- Spend more essential time with my own kids and my husband. And find moments for myself.
Free Video Training: How to Start a Blog
When your passion becomes your full-time business AND has a flexible schedule that fits your family, you have to share with others how it works!
Blogging is the bomb! You get the inspire people through your writing, have a creative outlet for yourself, spend extra time with your family and make great money doing it!
If you’re curious about blogging, join us!
If you’re thinking about starting a blog, it’s important that you start a self-hosted blog. Self-hosted means that you own your site, it’s more professional and easier to make money on. You can start a self-hosted blog for as little as $2.95 a month if you use our link. That’s a special price for our readers and also gets you a free domain ($15 value). If you need help setting up your blog join Basics of Blogging.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make over $85,000 a year blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).