Perfectly peeled eggs that only take seconds to peel.
It really works! I promise you’ll love me after you try this. Eating real foods just got a little easier.
Easy Peel Hard “Boiled” Eggs
- Put your steamer in a pot.
- Fill with water as high as you can without going above the steamer. (You don’t want the pan to run dry but you also don’t want the eggs covered in water).
- Add your eggs and get the water boiling.
- Once boiling, keep the burner on, cover, and set timer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and run cold water over the eggs and let sit in cold water for a minute.
- Peel in seconds! (I lay a paper towel on the counter, give the egg a gentle crack against the counter and then using a little pressure with my hands I give it a full roll on the counter and then peel.)
Making deviled eggs and egg salad is no longer a hassle. ENJOY!
Join us on Facebook for more ways to stay stress free and sane.
Follow The Realistic Mama’s board Easy Real Food Recipes on Pinterest.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).
Download My Free Family Organizer
Ready to de-stress + spend more time with your kids?
Life gets busy. I hear you. I'm here to show you how to CREATE more time for what matters most. Get a free family organizer as a thank you for joining our newsletter – includes monthly calendars, chore charts, meal planners and more...
I like the idea of letting them sit in the cold water. I’ve also found that if I run them under the cold water, it helps as well. I used to hate making hard boiled eggs for my children for this reason-the annoying shells! Now, it’s not so bad. I never thought about the bowl trick. Saves on water, which is always a good thing! 🙂
Woah…I’ve never heard of this method! I’ll have to try soon!
Meg @meg-in-training says
Such great tips! I used my baby food steamer the last few times I have make these and the steam makes a HUGE difference! Thanks for linking up for Good Food Friday 🙂
Thanks for sharing! This is so simple, but so wonderful to know. 🙂 It’s the simple things in life that make us happy. Now I want to go make myself an egg salad sandwich! 🙂
Birute Efe says
Thank you thank you. I think it will work. Will try tomorrow.
Love this simple tip 🙂 Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Family Foodie linky party!