Many of us are on budgets and the holiday season can really put a wrench in our best-laid plans – traveling, parties & serving large meals, decorating, and getting gifts for everyone on your list can add up fast! To help you out, we’ve made a list of Easy Gifts for Under $10. Remember, when it comes to gifts, it really is the thought that counts – the key is to find gifts that aren’t just something to wrap, but are unique to the person getting the gift! This post has something for everyone on your list! And there are DIY options as well as simple “click the link and buy this” options, for all kinds of gift-givers.
Gift Ideas for a Co-Worker
- For the hipster and earthy girl who brings her own homemade granola for lunch, make this Coffee & Milk Exfoliating Soap. Go one step further, and buy her an Organic Soap Making book!
- For the workaholic who seems to live at the office, try this hand-held scalp massager and rolling hand massager.
- For the young professional who is still finding their professional footing, try a Mason Jar Cocktail. If they are single, include an invitation to a holiday meal with your family!
- For the boss, play it safe with this neat Flip It for his desk!
Gift Ideas for Family Friends
- Make a Date Jar with ideas from our Family Date Night article! Use cute scrapbook paper, and include favorite activities your family has found, especially in your neighborhood!
- Invite them over for a game night, and give them a gift of your kids’ favorite board game!
- Give a Smash Book Starter Kit – Print the Tutorial, and wrap it with your favorite craft scissors, stickers, or sketch book.
Gift Ideas for Grandparents
- Tea Lovers? Try a Manatea Silicone Tea Infuser!Looking for something DIY? Check out these 8 DIY Gifts for Grandparents.
- Photo Ornament with pictures of their grandkids!
- New to being Grandparents? This Grandparents Handbook is adorable!
Gift Ideas for the Unexpected Guest
Last year, when I hosted family Christmas, we had our cousin gift-exchange all figured out. Last minute, one cousin called and said she was bringing her new boyfriend! I was so excited to meet him, but was unprepared for an extra person gift-wise. . . a quick trip to the store, buying an extra gift bag, and wrapping it while I frantically drove home so I would get there before my guests arrived . . . well, I learned my lesson. This year, I’m going to have a few inexpensive gifts on-hand and ready to go!
- DIY Mug – make some simple mugs, add a package of hot chocolate and peppermint stick.
- Everything in a Jar – these are great because they would work for anyone! Make a few, and don’t even both with wrapping (a ribbon around the jar counts!).
- A book is always an easy option – and I always think you can’t go wrong with something funny! This Bathroom Book – classic. For an elderly relative, maybe something inspirational? I love One Thousand Gifts and Bread & Wine.
Gift Ideas for Neighbors
Make gift baskets with cute combinations of your favorite holiday treats!
- Cookies & Eggnog, with a mini-spatula
- Movie Night Basket – $5 Movie, boxes of candy, retro popcorn buckets
- Cozy Mug with Drinks – handmade mugs, your favorite hot cocoa/apple cider/coffee/tea, peppermint sticks. This Hot Drink Sampler is a great idea too. OR invite them over for some Homemade Hot Chocolate!
Gift Ideas for Teachers
- Teachers need to relax with their holiday time off! Give a Mandala Coloring Book for some stress relief coloring.
- Everyone entertains during the holidays. This DIY Christmas Potpourri is inexpensive to make but smells remarkable!
- A sweet personalized gift for a music teacher, this DIY frame.
Gift Ideas for a Niece or Nephew
- Story Cards to inspire creativity and collaborative story telling with toddlers! There’s a whole series of different ones to choose from.
- Face paint sticks for costume makeup.
- Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, “Gross” Edition will be a favorite among elementary and junior high age kids.
- Magnetic Marbles (ages 5+) are fun, and don’t get easily lost!
Looking for more gift ideas? Check out these Gift Ideas for the Outdoorsman in your Life!this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).