This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. I received a coupon so I could experience the product. The opinions and text are all mine.
Have you noticed that once your kids head back to school, laundry seems to pile up faster? I don’t know about you, but I needed some new tips for time-saving with my laundry routine!
- A good place to start is with Organizing your Laundry Room. My “laundry room” is a closet, but I did move a storage bench right outside it, which helps keep everything I need handy! This is a big time-saver when I’m doing laundry, not having to run around the house gathering detergent and dryer sheets. I can’t wait to try the DIY Rolling Laundry Basket Dresser when I have a little extra time.
- Start with a clean washing machine! This is so simple, and saves time in the long run with your laundry, because your clothes actually get clean. And it can’t get easier than Vinegar and Baking Soda. It really can’t.
- Friends – my dryer is 1. Tiny and 2. Takes forever . . . we’re talking at least three times as long as my washing machine. Today for the first time, I tried an old trick my mom used and threw a dry, fluffy towel in with my load. I was skeptical – but it worked! My load was dry after just one cycle!
- Speaking of towels, musty old towels are the worst. To make your towels more fluffy, try this tip! It strips the excess detergent and they come out so wonderfully soft, and more absorbent.
- Does folding laundry hold you up? Teach your kids to fold their own! This is a simple step you can take as you seek to Raise a Confident Child. We fold laundry while watching a short video – anything they don’t finish during the video has to get folded afterwards. And their dressers are all kid-height, so they can help put away laundry too. Mom folds her laundry at the same time, so we spend time together and get work done!
- Don’t forget, folding right away can save wrinkles. I’m a pretty casual person and only iron dress clothes that really need it, but folding right away can help your t-shirts look fresh too, minus the work and time!
- The most life-changing decision I’ve made about laundry has been to not worry about stains. Yes, I’m that mom. Sometimes, my kids wear clothes that have stains. I’m totally okay with it. My secret to being okay with it is mostly that I’ve found this fantastic detergent! ARM & HAMMER™ plus OxiClean™ Power PAKS are the ultimate time-saver tip for doing laundry.
No more measuring detergent, no more sticky mess surrounding my washer. And so far, I have had success with it stain-busting dirt. Blood. Grass stains. Baby vomit.
This is so simple, and yet saves so much time and energy! What tips do you have for speeding up laundry time? Share with us here, and don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and by subscribing to our free email newsletter!
If you liked this, check out our post about How to Clean Your Whole House in 30 Minutes!this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).