Looking to spruce up your home? Think you have to wait till the kids are grown? Nope! You can absolutely do it now! We have tons of ideas for decorating a kid friendly home without sacrificing style!
11 Kid Friendly Decorating Ideas
2. Here’s a cute toy storage example from Homegrown Interiors. I love how the toys are contained inside closed cabinets! Feels clutter free without depriving our kids of their toys and what a great use of space under the window!
3. Consider decluttering or toy rotating. Having less toys out is going to save you sanity as a mom and create the space for your kids to actually play without getting overwhelmed by too many toy options.
4. Utilize cute storage baskets. A cute and budget friendly way to make bookshelves look great and still stay kid friendly.
Here’s another great example from Homegrown Interiors (notice the cute storage baskets in the seat by the door!).
5. Check out this post for 15 more clever ways to organize toys.
I had the opportunity to chat with Lizzie from Homegrown Interiors and she had tons of great tips for us! The more I chatted with her the more brilliant ideas she would suggest!
6. Choose fun and bold color palettes in the kids’ rooms! “Find a fabric or piece of art (or even a cute toy) that has at least 2 different bold colors and use that as your inspiration piece for the design. Repeat those 2 colors around the room (accessories, bedding, rug, lamp and/or artwork) and you are guaranteed to have a cohesive, bright and fun space.”
7. Consider microfiber for upholstery. Lizzie says: “my sofa has been drawn all over with permanent marker and it literally wiped up with water and a towel, not to mention the constant spills.” YES! I’m pretty sure every mom on the planet can agree an easy to wipe off couch is a must!
Hire the expert! I adore Lizzie and she’s amazing at the eDecorating business she runs! (Yep, you read that right “e”Decorating! She can help you no matter where you live at an affordable price!)
Make your home more homey and still kid friendly! The designs are custom with a 2 week turn around.
Her site is gorgeous and easy to navigate! Definitely check it out here.
I also adore how easy she is to work with, prompt replies, great ideas and always caring about my opinions and thoughts! I love the personal connection she works so hard to establish with each of her customers!
And if that wasn’t all awesome enough, she’s offering 20% off to all our readers! Just mention that you saw the deal here on The Realistic Mama.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Homegrown Interiors.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).