Whether or not you have a room designated to always be a guest room, there are many ways to make your guests feel right at home during their visit! Try these 10 ways to make a cozy guest room.
Note: affiliate links provided for your convenience!
1. Start by removing clutter – your guests will need room for their suitcases, and shouldn’t have to be worried about stepping on toys or piles of books as they move around at night!
If your guest room is a kids room that they are giving up for the weekend, maybe one of these tips on how to Organize Toys will help reign in that clutter.
2. Next, clean – this is no time to cut corners! Fresh & clean sheets are a must (I keep a set of white sheets just for my guests) – run them through the dryer before making the bed, so they have that newly washed scent.
Especially if you have a pet, sweep or vacuum under the bed and furniture, and lint roll any furniture you can’t dust. As someone with pet allergies, I know that struggling with allergies can ruin even the nicest overnight stay.
3. Make room for their bags and clothes. If you are able to clear out closet space or a few drawers in a dresser, that’s great! If not, provide a luggage rack so they don’t have to be bending over the entire trip.
4. Fluffy towels are a must. Check out this tip for the best way to wash towels for fluffy results. White can be nice – you can bleach between guests – but I like to have a different color for each guest so they can keep their towels straight. Plus, it’s nice to have a darker washcloth so a female guest doesn’t worry about staining it when she takes off her makeup.
5. Check the bedside table – make sure you have lighting within reach, an alarm clock, and outlets.
Older guests may not have a phone they use for an alarm, so the clock may be helpful. And if your outlets aren’t conveniently place in the room, run an extension cord up so it ends right on the bedside table.
6. Provide enough extra blankets. You wouldn’t want your guests to get cold at night!
7. Make a basket with toiletry essentials, snacks, and bottled water. You can buy travel-sized toiletries so each guest can have one that hasn’t been used.
If your guests stay for several days, you can offer them fresh snacks and water each night!
8. Tissue and a waste basket, so they don’t have to hunt around the house for these things!
9. If your guests are sharing a bathroom with family members, make sure there is a mirror in their room.
10. Use this free printable as a cute way to share your Wifi Password with overnight guests.
So use these tips and have fun making your guest room a cozy haven for anyone visiting this holiday season!this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).