How is it already December? This year has flown by faster than any other year I can remember! Wether you are celebrating Hanukkah or Christmas the count down is on! The days are ticking away whether we’re ready or not! Here are 4 last minute holiday survival tips to help avoid the holiday stress.
4 Last Minute Holiday Survival Tips!
Seriously. Don’t skip this step. Stop what you’re doing and take in a FULL breathe then let it out slowly. When’s the last time you actually slowed down long enough to take 1 full breath? To turn off your mind for a whole 2 seconds and feel your lungs expand and collapse, it’s therapeutic and will definitely help with the stress.
2. Work Smarter, Not Harder: Order Online
Did you know you that Sam’s Club has online ordering with pick up in store the next day? YES, you read that right: ONLINE ordering! TOTAL life saver, especially if you have little kids! Imagine the time you can save and the stress you can avoid! A friend mentioned Club Pickup to me a while back but it wasn’t until today that I finally gave it a try. I don’t always listen well right away, instead I think it over for a while before I try something then after trying it i always wonder why I didn’t try it sooner! Can you relate?
Anyway, I ordered online yesterday afternoon, scheduled pick-up for today and when I arrived at Sam’s Club it was all together in a cart waiting for me (super convenient for bulky items!).
Since it was my first time trying it, I only ordered 3 things so I could test it out. Next time I’m doing my entire list!
3. Save Where You Can
Just because it’s getting closer to your holiday deadline does not mean you have to spend more money.
One way you to stay on budget is to save on groceries and everyday essentials. Saving on your grocery money means more money for the fun stuff like gifts and holiday decorations. Here are 2 easy ways to do that:
- Make an inventory list of what you have in the pantry and try to make as many meals as possible from what you have, buying just the items that you need to complete the recipe. Buying a few things needed for a recipe is a LOT cheaper than buying everything.
- Stock up on Everyday Essentials at Sam’s Club. Members who take advantage of purchasing participating holiday essentials (Bounty, Olay, Swiffer, Febreze, Gain, etc) will save about $97! See more about their #fullhomehappyhome initiative here.
And that $100 can buy a lot of other goodies! Here’s what I got for $100 on my last trip to Sam’s:
The adorable baby outfit is for my holiday baby who is due in just a few short weeks! The sparkling cider is for New Years, of course! The space heater is something I’ve been really wanting. And the extra food is to feed all our family and friends who come around over the next few weeks.
What would you do with $97 in savings?
4. Make Gift Wrapping Fun This Year!
Gift wrapping shouldn’t be a chore, here’s how to make it fun this year:
- Make it a date night after the kids go to bed. Turn on the music, pour yourself a tall glass of wine, grab some chocolates and enjoy chatting and laughing with your husband while you wrap the kids gifts.
- Or trade babysitting with a friend so the kids aren’t in the house while you wrap. Have her kids come play Tuesday while she wraps, then take your kids over there on Thursday while you wrap!
Bonus: Holiday Giveaway
Disclaimer: Vendor calculation based on proprietary methodology comparing average non-promoted retail price per unit from a combination of leading U.S. retail outlets vs. average retail price per unit at Sam’s Club® for 2 months ending September 26, 2015. Pricing and item availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Wisconsin, and on SamsClub.com.this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).