Star wars. Star wars. Star wars. Are your kids over-the-moon excited about the new Star Wars coming out? I love seeing the kids at the store oohing and ahhing when they pass by the isle with the Star Wars stuff…. oh, to be young again!
My 2 year old isn’t quite old enough to get in on all the hype but she still absolutely loved our Star Wars themed day! She played with her light saber from morning till night, literally night — she chose it as her 1 toy she’s allowed to go to bed with. And I’m sure she would have slept in her Jedi outfit, if I would have let her.
If you’re looking for a day of Star Wars fun with your kids (for the holidays, May 4th or just for fun), keep reading! AND don’t miss the awesome giveaway for a $100 Toys“R”Us gift card and Duracell batteries at the bottom of this post!
Ultimate Star Wars Day
1. Dress Up
Be creative and use what you have. We were able to pull together a little Jedi outfit just from what we had in our closets!
Homemade Jedi Outfit:
- Oversized light brown long-sleeve shirt — I grabbed one from my closet for my 2 year old to wear.
- Tan tights
- Brown scarf
Then we topped it off with a Luke Skywalker Ultimate FX Light Saber Toy:
2. Light Sabers
I was so excited to give my little Jedi her first light saber. She was SO excited to open the box and thought it was the coolest thing ever… but it didn’t light up or make any sounds yet… it still needed good ole’ batteries.
There’s nothing worse than giving a kid a toy that requires batteries and having NONE in the house — meltdown, sadness and disappointment. Thankfully Duracell had us covered so we could avoid all of those!
I put Corey in charge of putting in the Duracell batteries.
Once girly realized they lit up, she didn’t want anything to do with the one that was still missing the batteries — she didn’t understand why dad could only “fix” one at a time!
Once they were both ready, we turned off the big lights, turned on the light sabers and had way too much fun! I don’t know who had the most fun, dad or girly!
Light sabers and Durcell batteries can both be picked up at Toys“R”Us — they make the perfect holiday (or just for fun) gift for your Star War’s lovers!
Next, you can pick a few activities and snacks from the list below to top off your Star Wars day of fun!
Star Wars Crafts & Activities
3. Star Wars Themed Nerf Games — from Frugal Fun for Boys
4. Yoda Handprint Craft — from I Heart Arts n Crafts
5. Star Wars Coloring Pages — from Blessed Beyond a Doubt
6. Star Wars Science Experiment — from Fun-a-Day
Star Wars Snacks
7. Storm Trooper Marshmallows — from Catch My Party
8. Star Wars Homemade Light Saber Pretzels — from Two Sisters Crafting
9. Princess Leia Cupcakes — from Paintbrushes & Popsicles
10. Yoda Apple Snacks –– from Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons
Speaking of the holidays, gift giving and awesome Star Wars stuff, be sure to enter to win a prize package with a $100 Toys“R”Us gift card and Duracell batteries — don’t get stuck without batteries during the holiday gift giving season!
Must be 18 years or older to enter and a U.S. resident.
Offers for Everyone
This year don’t be the parent without the batteries. Use these coupons to stock up on Duracell batteries:
- $3 OFF — On November 22, look for a $3 OFF coupon when you buy any 2 packages of Duracell batteries (AA/AAA 16pk, D/C 4pk, 9V 2pk or larger, Quantum AA/AAA 6pk, D/C 3pk or larger). You’ll find this coupon in most Sunday newspapers.
- $1 OFF — On December 13, look for a $1 OFF coupon when you buy one package of Duracell Coppertop and Quantum. This coupon will be available in most Sunday newspapers.
And while you’re at Toys“R”Us getting your batteries make it the one-stop-shop for all the toys on your holiday list, including Star Wars toys like the Luke Skywalker Light Saber! Thanks for stopping by! We’d love to see you again, connect with The Realistic Mama on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and by subscribing to our free email newsletter!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Duracell & Toys “R” Us. The opinions and text are all mine.