Update January 1, 2018: Since writing this post our income just keeps increasing! We’re now huge encouragers that others should start blogs too! Making money through a blog really does work! It’s now been just under 4 years since I started this blog and grand total I’ve made $257,535.42 “blogging” PART-TIME. I put blogging in quotes because blogging is totally different than what I used to think of it. The awesome part about this particular side business (besides the fact it makes over full-time income with part-time hours) is that you’re creating PASSIVE income and can be done from ANYWHERE.
Would $10,000+ a month change your life? It’s changed ours and it can change yours too!
3 years ago I felt stuck. I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom but I also really wanted to contribute to my family financially. After doing a lot of research and brainstorming a lot of ideas, I decided to start a part-time blog. To my surprise, it has turned into more than full-time income with part-time hours!
Are you ready for it?
In the 2 years, 9 months of blogging I have made over $167,000.
$167,796.19 to be exact.
If you’re thinking about starting a blog – you’re in the right place!
Here are a few reasons I love blogging…
- Low startup
- Flexible hours
- Fits into your schedule
- Work from anywhere
- Be your own boss
- Endless income possibility
- Anyone can do it
- You can start making money right away
….And you choose how much time you want to invest.
When I first started blogging I was working very part-time on it and at the 6-month mark, I was making around $850 a month.
Then, I realized the potential and decided to turn up the heat and spend more time on it. 7 months later, month 13 of blogging, I made $9685 in a month.
I do set aside some of what I make for taxes and expenses (but the expenses are pretty minimal compared to brick and mortar business).
I soon started to realize there is no limit to the income potential. If I work the right systems I can make even more.
Not to mention I’m still a busy mom, so I only work an average of 3 hours a day on the blog. A little more when we first started, less when we are traveling or have personal commitments going on.
Can you relate?
Can you relate to any of the following:
• I feel stuck.
• I want passive income for my family.
• But I don’t know how to get there.
I was there too.
Before the blog, I was feeling discouraged. I’m a hard worker and a busybody by nature, I love challenging myself but I didn’t know what challenge would lead to the results I was so desperately hoping for.
I remember contacting several companies and applying for at home positions, I was trying to find a way to be with my kids + provide financially for my family. I was searching for something, I just didn’t know exactly what yet.
That’s when I found blogging.
Blogging has obviously been a game changer for our family. I’m now extremely passionate about sharing what I know with other moms and family-oriented entrepreneurs so that they can enjoy the same results and ideally spend more time with their family because of it.
Why Start a Blog?
I was intrigued at the idea of being my own boss, being able to push myself and achieve something bigger than I could ever achieve if I was working for someone else and I was excited to be able to make a positive impact on the world at the same time.
Obviously, you can make great money blogging, but there are also several other benefits to blogging…
More perks of blogging:
- You can barter your services! I know tons of bloggers who have traded their blog work for items they were going to buy anyway, things like couches, dining room tables, car seats, etc.
- You can work from anywhere. As long as there is internet you can be location independent. We decided to take advantage of our location independence to not only sell our house to live closer to family but also spend a couple months traveling the US with our kids.
- You can meet famous people. You never know who will find your blog and want to meet you. After only a year of blogging, I was invited to have lunch with Wendy Thomas (yep! the one Wendy’s restaurant is named after) and one day soon I’m going to figure out a way to make my blog cross paths with Joanna Gaines, I just adore how real she is! And her and Chip totally remind me of Corey and my relationship. I get really focused on getting stuff done and Corey is always there to remind me to slow down and have fun.
- You (and your spouse) can quit your current jobs if you want. It’s been 3 years now since I’ve had a regular 9-5 job, and just over 1 year since my husband quit his job. The blog now makes enough for both of us to work at home.
- You don’t have to work 8 hours a day. Remember how I mentioned I only work an average of 3 hours (or sometimes less) a day.
So, the other day I decided to do the math and divide the income I made by the amount of hours I worked that month.
$184 an hour.
That is insane! It still blows my mind!
This can be your story too
Why am I sharing my system?
I want this to be your story too. I can share it confidently because I know 3 things:
- The system works. It has the power to change not only your financial story but also create an amazing opportunity for your family.
- I want you to be able to spend more time with your family. And have those moments that you can never get back after your kids grow.
- There is room for all of us. The question I get asked a lot is some form of, “Shouldn’t you be careful how much you share? You don’t want to work yourself out of a job.” But the truth is there will always be more people in need than those rising up to blog and help. There is always room for good people and good content and we can rise higher together.
How to Start a Blog
Ready to start a blog!
Realistic Blog Startup is a FREE online webinar training with step-by-step instructions!
Use this blog post has screenshots and a step-by-step tutorial:
Use whatever is easiest for you!
When your passion becomes your full-time business AND has a flexible schedule that fits your family, you have to share with others how it works!
Blogging is the bomb! You get the inspire people through your writing, have a creative outlet for yourself, spend extra time with your family and make great money doing it!
If you’re curious about blogging, join us!
If you’re thinking about starting a blog, it’s important that you start a self-hosted blog. Self-hosted means that you own your site, it’s more professional and easier to make money on. You can start a self-hosted blog for as little as $2.95 a month if you use our link. That’s a special price for our readers and also gets you a free domain ($15 value). If you need help setting up your blog join my free webinar.
Disclosure: We are an affiliate for Bluehost, which means we make a commission if you sign up—at no additional cost to you. I only recommend things that I have used and love. Bluehost is where we started our blog and where we recommend all our friends, family members and blog readers start. We’ve been able to negotiate a special discounted price for all our blog readers—you will get discounted pricing and a free domain through our link.
Pin This Post
P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).