Whether we’re on a road trip or just waiting between errands we’ve all heard the words “Mom, I’m bored…” or worse, “Mom, I’m starving…” Today we have the perfect list of “emergency” snacks and games to keep in your car, for those “just in case” times this summer.
Here’s what to include:
1. Snacks — a few of my daughters favorites include:
- Horizon Organic Apple Clusters
- Fruit — apples are our personal favorite, you can also do baggies of pre-washed grapes, oranges, etc.
- Dried Fruit — we love easy things like raisins, Horizons Organic Apple Fruit Crunchers, etc.
2. Water Bottles — or make infused waters with the kids and bring those along!
3. Special Toys — my friend keeps a plastic tote of toys in the back of her car for her kids. They are special toys that aren’t allowed to be brought in the house, that way they are still new and exciting when she ends up with bored kids waiting in a car somewhere. Some things you might want to include:
- Wooden puzzles for younger kids
- Beads and string for older kids
- Chalk is great if you end end up stuck waiting in a parking lot
- Inflated beach ball takes up next to no room but can create some fun if you’re stuck waiting near a patch of grass
4. Blank Sheets of Paper — endless possibilities!
- One of our favorites is an edible game of tic-tac-toe. Draw your tic-tac-toe board, fill the board with Honey Snack Grahams and when it’s your turn, eat a Snack Graham from one of the spots and replace it with your X or O. You could also buy 2 different snacks and use the snacks in the place of X and Os and eat all the pieces at the end of the game.
5. Picnic Blanket — I like having this so I can throw it down in the grass if we are stopped somewhere waiting so we can hang out in the fresh air rather than the car.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).