Ever heard the old saying, “The quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.”? Well this is true of mother’s too! Sometimes the best way to bless mom or grandma doesn’t have anything to do with a fancy gift or card. It can be as simple as whipping up a fresh or fun snack with the kids that she doesn’t have to make herself! Check out these 8 yummy snack ideas for mom on Mother’s Day, I would love to wake up to the parfait this Sunday morning!
If we’re honest, we all want a break from the kitchen every now and again! We have partnered with Horizon to bring together some of our favorite treats for Mom’s on Mother’s Day or any day of the year you are feeling creative! These treats are perfect for little hands to learn and help with!
8 “Treats” for Mom on Mother’s Day
1. Loaded Tot Kabobs – I think I love these more than my kids! These are easy fun snack! Bake your favorite tater tot, stick them on skewers and melt Horizon Shredded Mexican Cheese over the top and serve with Horizon Sour Cream for a dipping choice!
2. Fruit Bouquets – Check out this great tutorial on how to make fruit bouquets out of things you already have in your kitchen! Kids will love getting to use different cookie cutters to create fun shapes for Mom!
3. Vegetable Garden Pots – Its as simple as buying little pots and some precut veggies and letting little fingers arrange them!
4. Homemade Yogurt Parfaits – All you need is Horizon Vanilla yogurt your favorite toppings and some granola! Get as creative as you want with these, they are a summer evening favorite! Sprinkle a little granola in the bottom of a bowl or jar, add in some Horizon Yogurt and top with your favorite fresh fruit, want a fun twist? You can freeze them and have homemade parfaits!
5. Ocean Water – We love spending time outdoors, so treat mom to this fun refreshing ocean water drink made by the kiddos! It’s a fun way to give her the beach experience without the cost of a airfare! 😉
6. Pickle Roll Ups – Roll ups are always a party favorite, add some pickles and the kids will love helping with these fun snacks!
7. Chicken and Waffle Sliders – Here is fun mix up to a normal breakfast in bed!
What are some of your family’s favorite summer time snacks? We would love for you to share them with us!
ARE YOU FOLLOWING US YET?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).