Time to take a breath! In the middle of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I hope you are taking time for YOU! While many of us thrive on the busyness around us, it’s still important to make sure you are getting time to recharge. Here are 5 Simple Ways to Treat Yourself (for Moms!), plus a gift idea!
1. Enjoy some hot cocoa by the tree after the kids go to bed. Whether you curl up with a journal, a book, or your hubby, take time to recharge and remember the things that are important to you this holiday.
2. Let someone else do the cleaning up from dinner! Whether it’s the kids, your mother-in-law, or a visiting guest, say yes when they offer to help. As moms, it’s almost as if we have a code that says we always refuse when people offer to help – it’s like we want to be able to show the world we can do it all. And we can! But that’s not the best way for us or our loved ones. So accept help, and put your feet up.
3. Indulge in a hobby you love – something that you consider “non-productive” or “a waste of time” but it brings you joy. You may have to think back to your pre-parenting days for this one! It might be doing a puzzle, playing video games, painting a canvas, hiking, reading a romance novel, making new ornaments for the tree. Just waste some time and don’t feel guilty!
4. Get away for a coffee date or drinks with a fellow mom – you probably both need a break! Take time to share heart-to-heart, woman-to-woman. If you’re really ambitious, set up a monthly date and take turns treating each other!
5. Keep a stash at home for pedicures and manicures whenever you need a quick pick-me-up! My sister and I do this every Christmas when our family gets together, and our daughters are getting old enough to join in. Along with a huge collection of nail polish, nail files, and a foot bath, we added this awesome gadget this year – the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ foot file.
We are a family of bare feet lovers, and this is our newest favorite way to clean up those icky calluses and leave our heels and toes smooth and ready for a pedicure! (Yes, those are my feet. Yes, I clearly haven’t treated myself to a pedicure in way too long.)
It’s super easy to use – you just slide the switch to “on” and the file starts spinning. As you run it over your heels, the dead, dried skin comes off, leaving a super smooth finish.
We enjoyed it so much, I decided to gift one to my sister too! You can save $5 on your own Amopé Pedi Perfect™ foot file using this coupon.
P.S. I found mine in the pharmacy section at Walmart, next to the orthopedic shoe inserts, foot powder, and athlete’s foot treatment. This bonus pack can only be found at Walmart so use the great savings this holiday season on the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ foot file. The $5 coupon on coupons.com is redeemable at Walmart nationwide!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Amopé™. The opinions and text are all mine.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).