Fall is my favorite season – isn’t it everyone’s? The air is crisp but the sun is still warm. You can spend time adventuring outside or curled up inside, and both feel right. The insanity of summer and back-to-school slows down, and you get to breathe a little before the holidays roll in. Yep – Fall is definitely the best. Here are 19 of our favorite Fall Date Ideas to help get you out and enjoying your man in this beautiful season!
19 Fall Date Ideas
- Apple picking – our local apple farm also has a new winery attached, so we have made this a parents-only date idea for fall, as well as taking the kids! And here’s what to do with all those apples!
- Picnic at a local park. Before the weather gets too cool, pack a picnic and some warm blankets, and find a nice spot under some changing trees. Don’t worry about making a coordinated meal – just each pack 3 favorite food items (surprise each other)! Using a picnic basket makes it seem more romantic, don’t you think?
- Light a fire in the fireplace, and make some adult apple cider, or hot chocolate with RumChata (just add 2 oz. to a mug of hot chocolate!). Don’t forget the marshmallows!
- Sit on your porch, deck, or a blanket in your yard and watch the sunset (or sunrise!) together. Or, find a scenic overlook nearby and drive out to it to watch. This date idea is good year round, but I think Fall sunsets are the best ones.
- Get lost in a corn maze, and put your heads together to get out! (Making out in a corn maze is also a recommended activity.) If you like haunted houses, try that instead – getting scared together can be so much fun!
- Make some homemade caramel popcorn or kettle corn together. Fill a paper bag and take it to a local outdoor concert.
- Have a pumpkin decorating contest after the kids go to bed – let them judge who the winner is when they wake up! To get your man really engaged in this one, try out this Pumpkin Carving Power Tool – so fun!
- Serve a meal at a local homeless shelter – bring some warm blankets or clothing to donate as well.
- Roast s’mores around a bonfire. Wear flannel and warm socks. Tell each other stories about your favorite childhood Halloween costume.
- Choose a couples’ Halloween costume idea, and help each other design them – a Goodwill shopping trip will likely be involved. I think me and my man are going to be Ariel (Little Mermaid) and Prince Eric this year!
- Go horseback riding. Fall is absolutely the best season for this, and trail rides are especially nice once the leaves start changing.
- Fly kites – the windy season of fall is perfect for this. I love the classic lines of this kite, but for a bonus date activity, try to Make your own kite!
- Buy a new dress and get fancy for a traditional meal out together. For a twist, choose a place you normally would never go! Don’t worry if you’re under-dressed – put on a fake accent for the night and have fun with it.
- Shop at a local Farmer’s Market in the morning for ingredients to make a new recipe for lunch. Foods involved butternut squash are my absolute favorite right now. Check out this list of great soups for inspiration!
- Cook a really fancy, gourmet meal together. Pull out your wedding china, or buy two new place settings to serve it on, and keep them put away to use just for date nights!
- Take an afternoon to get your house ready for winter together – clean out gutters, rake leaves, prune your bushes and trees. Choose one task you normally do, and show him how to do it, and vice versa. For example, this year, I’m climbing the ladder to clean gutters, and he’s pruning my rose bushes. Do it together and enjoy learning from your spouse! This can be outdoor or indoor chores, care maintenance tasks, you name it – just do it together.
- Do a Fall-themed $10 date idea – each of you buy a fall decor item for your house, or pick out supplies for a DIY project like a homemade wreath for the front door.
- Pick a Halloween or scary movie you haven’t seen before. Cuddle on the couch under some blankets if it gets too scary!
- Bake something special for your neighbors. Pumpkin bread or muffins is always a favorite this time of year. Wrap it up with a note that says how thankful you are to live near great people, and take them around with your kids (maybe as an alternative to trick-or-treating).
More Date Ideas
If you enjoyed these, you will love our book:
175 Best Date Ideas — the ultimate bucket list of dates for couples! Can you do them all?
We’d love to see you again! Connect with us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and by subscribing to our free email newsletter!
Pin it:this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).
Download My Free Family Organizer
Ready to de-stress + spend more time with your kids?
Life gets busy. I hear you. I'm here to show you how to CREATE more time for what matters most. Get a free family organizer as a thank you for joining our newsletter – includes monthly calendars, chore charts, meal planners and more...
Allison B says
I love these ideas! We love taking a walk around sunset once the leaves change colors. It’s so pretty and free!
Helen Simmons says
I am really excited autumn is coming. Love the fall, love your ideas!
Awesome ideas, Alida! It’s amazing how easily we can forget to focus on our partners, but just as easily to put together something sweet and simple.