Every busy mom, no matter what stage of life she is in, could use some fresh ideas for beauty hacks! One of our favorite is having a 5 Minute Makeup Routine – added to the best hairstyles, tricks for making quick outfit choices, and hassle-free hygiene, you will be beautiful and ready to go in no time.
The Best Beauty Hacks
When you do your makeup . . .
- For your everyday routine, it’s easy to spend just 5 minutes on your Makeup! Check out these steps for the best makeup beauty hacks, and maybe add one or two steps of your own.
- At the end of your day, try these DIY Homemade Makeup Remover Pads. I know – it can be hard to make time for that when we are exhausted at the end of the day! But using this as a beauty hack will save you so much in the long run, not having to deal with acne and other skin problems caused by leaving that makeup on. And with this going in a cute mason jar, you can leave it out on the bathroom counter so you always remember!
- Did you buy foundation that was the perfect color this summer, but is already looking too dark? Try just adding your favorite facial moisturizer to it as you put it on – works like a charm!
- Adding saline solution to a clumpy mascara tube can help it go on smooth once more – I learned this beauty hack back in high school and I haven’t had to throw away a tube of mascara since!
- Best places to apply fragrance for a lasting scent? Try behind your knees and inside your elbows!
Quick (and kid-proof!) Hairstyles . . .
- Spice up the classic ponytail by braiding a few small sections at the front of your hairline, then pulling them back into the pony.
- Choose a messy bun! The secret to making it stay in place? I use these 3 Steps, and then secure the finished bun with a non-slip hair tie around the base. Bobby pins alone just don’t work for chasing kids around the park!
- Bangs can be your best or worst friend on any given day! For those days when the hair-dryer and curling iron are not going to make an appearance, try this Easy Headband Tuck. Simple things like this can turn out so beautifully.
For putting together the perfect outfit . . .
- Start by Decluttering Your Closet! It is so much easier to choose things if you know it all fits and you feel confident with whatever you pick.
- This is an essential skill – How to Roll Your Jeans, for every style of jean or shoe in your closet!
- Invest in some cute, soft knit t-shirts, with a variety of necklines and hemlines. Whether you like solids or fresh and fun patterns, I think it can help you look feminine and feel “put-together” while still maintaining the comfort and range-of-motion you get with a t-shirt.
- Maxi skirts are a fabulous option for every body type and they will take you from spring through fall! Check out this article for more ways to Wear a Maxi Skirt.
Don’t forget to start with some hassle-free hygiene!
- I always thought that once I had kids, acne would be a problem of the past. Surprise! If you deal with blackheads, try to remove them in a Natural Way.
- Also make sure to clean your face last in the shower – the heat and steam will open up your pores and make sure as much oil and icky-ness gets out of them as possible!
- Let’s face it – while shaving may take up more time than we like, it just the most practical option for busy moms. Who has time and money (or pain tolerance) for regular waxing, sugaring, etc? Not me! A thorough shave helps me feel so much cleaner and confident, and I love the new Schick® disposable products!
Last week’s shopping trip at Walmart, I decided to pick the NEW Schick® Xtreme 3® Disposable Razors and give them a try. And because I like my man clean shaven, I decided to grab him a package of the Schick® Xtreme 3® Ultimate Razor while I was there. This is my new favorite beauty hack – using high quality disposable razors to get the best shave possible!
Ladies . . . Isn’t there something amazing about having a great shave with a new razor? I use conditioner instead of shaving cream (it’s cheaper and I think it makes my shave last longer), and with the Aloe in the Schick® Disposable razor, my legs stayed free of razor burn too. (Please excuse my dirty tub. I was too busy shaving to clean it. 🙂
Check back in later this week for another awesome post we’re working on: college care packs with Schick® Disposable razors and more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine.
N/AP.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).