Summer is just around the corner which means it’s time to get our little ones some fresh air! So we’ve rounded up 13 super fun activities to get kids moving outside!
13 Active Summer Activities for Kids
1. Windy day? Fly a Kite!
2. A little hot? Play in the Sprinkler.
3. Rainy day? Play in the Puddles! — Let the kids get a little messy, grab some old towels and get the bath ready for when they come back inside. Then throw clothes and shoes straight in the washer (we love that our Stride Rite shoes are machine washable!).
4. Have some friends over and play: Spoon Egg Races!
5. Chalk Shapes Jumping Game — via Craftulate
6. Pick One of These Trampoline Games — via The Chaos and the Clutter
7. DIY Backyard Obstacle Course — via Imagination Soup
8. Homemade Gigantic Bubbles — via The Nerd’s Wife
9. Play Kick the Can — via Coffee Cups and Crayons
10. Chalk Number Line Run Math Game — via Coffee Cups and Crayons
11. Painting with Feet Outdoors — via Homegrown Friends
12. Tossing Math Game — via Buggy and Buddy
13. Cotton Ball Throw Painting — via The Chaos and the Clutter
Want more? Check out this post: 50 Free Activities for Kids
Make sure your kids have supportive shoes for their play.
With my little girl’s feet still developing, I’m super impressed with her Stride Rite shoes — the Made 2 Play Collection have a reinforced toe for durability, memory foam for added comfort and easy straps for kids to put their shoes on by themselves. This is perfect, because we are still learning this skill.
Stride Rite was cool enough to offer our readers a promo code REALMAMA20 to get 20% off your next online shoe purchase (valid June 1st – June 15th). You can also purchase their shoes at local retailers. Find out more about Stride Rite products on their Facebook and Instagram pages.