Anyone feel like they are constantly buying new clothes for their kids, and then the next week they are entirely too small? You need these Upcycled Clothing Ideas! I love repurposing our old wardrobes into fun, new items. Not only for the kids but for me as well! It helps make our budget stretch further and alleviate some of the financial strain when the kids grow unexpectedly.
10 Brilliant Upcycled Clothing Ideas
- My favorite is a T-shirt upcycle! Take a T-shirt that is already too small and use it and scraps of fabric to create beautiful one-of-a-kind dresses! They can be simple and sweet or elegant and eye-catching! She even has ways to make it into a boys hoodie! Get all the patterns here!
- Anyone else get those small holes at the bottom of their t-shirts? Or the kids ruin the neckline with dinner stains? Then you will love this DIY T-shirt Maxi Dress! My 3yo loves that it is long and she can twirl!
- Have a sweater that has shrunk and is just too tight? Or kiddo need the next size up? Then you will adore this Cardigan conversion! Old sweater = new cardigan!
- Upcycling moms old clothes — The old saying goes “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” I love when I phase out of clothes they can be remade into a whole new outfit for my daughter! Big patterns and crazy prints are in! See the whole tutorial here.
- I know this seems like a no brainer, but take those winter pants that are just too short and turn them into the perfect length of shorts! This works great for both girls and boys! Here is the step-by-step!
- Daddy turned daughter shirts — I love how creative this mama got! She took an old shirt of her hubbys and made it into an adorable infant peasant style dress! This would be a wonderful idea if looking for ways to match in family pictures!
- Who knew? Make a baby onsie out of an old T-shirt! How cute would this be with dads old favorite sports team shirt! A great way to pass on memories!
- This is one of my favorites! Take old leggings and make them into knee high or boot socks! Seems simple enough, right?
- Need a boy and girl match? How about buy matching T-Shirts but turn one into a simple tie dress! This is a super comfy and easy way to make dresses for the summer! Wear them to your favorite baseball game, or to support big brother!
- Favorite old overalls = super cute summer dress! See how here!
Love this post? Connect with us: