Are you ready to UNLEASH the Proverbs 31 woman within YOU? Ready to change your families finances, have money to travel, buy/pay of your house, increase your savings and work less?
Start a blog today and change your family’s future…
I will walk you through everything step-by-step below – you don’t need to be tech savvy.
But first, here’s a little about me and my blogging story.
3 years ago I started The Realistic Mama to help improve other mom’s lives and to create some extra income for my family (to travel, save for a down payment on our first house and financially contribute so my husband could work less and spend more time with the kids and me).
The blog took faster than I could have ever imagines – it has blessed millions of people, it support our family full-time working only part-time hours (my husband was able to quit his job 18 months after I started), we can work from anywhere (we took advantage of this and traveled all around the US in an RV for 8 months), we were able to buy our first house (which we sold 11 months later to buy our second home, our dream house 15 minutes from the beach and near family in North Carolina) and we’re currently dreaming and scheming our next adventure!
If you are a numbers person, here is how much I made at different stages in my startup blogging journey, you can use these as goals so you know what is possible and what to aim for. Note: You can do it even faster than me, I had no idea what I was doing the first few months. My goal is to show you how to do everything so you can save time and get the same results.
- Month 4: $131 (again, you can do this faster, I’ll show you how!)
- Month 10: $3640
- Month 14: Over $9600 ($9684 to be exact)
Starting a blog costs $3 a month – which is sooooo extremely affordable, especially when you think about how much you can make for your family. There are a few sites out there where you can start a blog for free – don’t fall into those traps. You want to make sure you’re self-hosted (paying for your site) that way you completely own your content, you look professional and you can easily start making money.
Starting a blog does not require 40 hours a week – instead think quality over quantity. You will have to commit some time to your new blog but you don’t have to commit to it full-time – I’m providing the step-by-step below so that you don’t have to waste time to get the same results.
I recently read somewhere that busy = laziness. While that sounds harsh the truth is that you don’t have to spend insane amount of time or spin your wheels to see results. If you play smart and focus on quality over quantity (prioritize adding value to others through your blog) you can see exponential results working 5 hours a week! I currently work around 20 hours a week on the blog, when I first started it was less and it’s fluctuated through different seasons. Right now, since Corey was able to quit his job and works at home with me, I have more time but soon we’re talking about me dropping back down to around 5 hours a week again.
Make blogging work for you. Think about how much time can you give and always ask yourself what are the smartest things you can do during that time to see the largest results? One smart thing you can do is follow the tutorial below that will walk you through how to start a blog in 15 minutes and then exactly where to go from there.
You don’t have to be an expert to blog – all you have to be is a genuine human being that cares about other people and wants to add value to their life. Think about someone who is just one or two steps behind you, focus on giving them help to get to where you are. They will quickly relate with you and fall in love with you because you aren’t lightyears ahead of them.
I can tell you story after story of women I know who have started blogs and totally change their families finances. One of my favorite stories is a mom who started a successful blog, felt called to adopt and was trying to figure how to pay for their adoption, ended up selling her blog to pay for the adoption fees and then later started up a second blog which now financially supports her family. Two other bloggers I know had husbands who were able to quit their jobs around the same time Corey quit his – all of us are able to spend such quality time with our families now that dad doesn’t have to go to work 40 or more hours a week.
Another blogger I know makes over $100,000 a month and travels full-time. She doesn’t have kid yet but what an awesome adventure for her and her husband! Imagine what income like that would mean for your family – the peace you would experience, the opportunities you would be able to say yes to, the financial contribution you could give to those in need and more. Sounds a lot like Proverbs 31, doesn’t it?
My goal today is to empower you with the tools so you can start a blog today before you leave this webpage.
Are you ready to start a blog and change your families future?
Real quick before we dive into the step-by-step tutorial, there are 3 layers your blog is going to need:
- You’ll need to rent a plot of internet land — this is called hosting. We’ll do this through Bluehost, that is where I started – they are reliable, have great customer service and the price is amazing – $3 a month. (That’s a special discounted price for our readers, if you go to their site directly you’ll find it more expensive, so be sure to our affiliate link below to save).
- Next, you’ll install Wordpress — WordPress is free and you can think of it like your blogging house – this is where you will create your posts, etc.
- You’ll need a theme — a theme is basically how you decorate your blog. It does all the hard work for you on the design, style, etc!
Ready to get started? Here’s a step-by-step tutorial with screenshots. I hope this serves you greatly and helps you unleash the future you’re dreaming of.
Click here to start (this will open in a new tab) and then follow the tutorial below.
How to Start a Blog
1. Click to Bluehost.com. Make sure the price says $2.95 (that is a special price for our readers if you use my link). This is where I started and it’s where I recommend all my family, friends and readers start.
2. Hit the green “get started now” button.
3. Select the $2.95 BASIC package (you can always upgrade to the other ones later if you decided/wanted but the basic is where almost everyone (including myself) starts).
4. Choose your domain – this is your blog name. Don’t overthink it, go with your heart. So many people get stuck at this point and never start their blog because of it. Don’t let that be you – the best thing to do is give yourself a few minutes to think/brainstorm and then just go with your favorite name.
Note: If you already have a blog you can move your hosting over to Bluehost using the “i have a domain” field on the left.
5. Next, fill in all your personal information.
6. Scroll down to “package information” – here you can choose 12 or 36 months. Remember, that by paying for at least 12 months you’re getting your domain free (a $15 value). The 36 month plan is the best value. I recommend unchecking all the extra charges – in my opinion you don’t need these. But I highly recommend paying for Domain Privacy Protection – this keeps your information (address, email, phone) private from everyone on the internet – worth 99 cents a month.
7. Woo! Hoo! If you see this “welcome to bluehost” screen that means you officially started your blog! Congrats! A few more steps and you’ll be on your way. Hit create you password, then choose your password or have it suggest a password (that’s usually what I do that way I know it’s secure!) – be sure to write down your password in a safe spot.
8. Login and WordPress should automatically install. If it doesn’t, select your new blog name from the drop down menu and select install. Note: WordPress will install on your blog (not your computer).
9. You can then click the button to login or you can access your site anytime by going to your new blog domain and then adding “/wp-admin” to the end. (i.e. www.therealisticmama.com/wp-admin is how I access the backend of my site).
That’s it! WordPress is where you will customize your site (do this by installing a theme), write your first post, etc.
If you need help installing your theme, I have an entire course that will walk you through all the foundations of blogging successfully and profitably. I’ve went ahead and made the Theme lesson a free preview, so you can access it even before you enroll in the course.
You did it! Make sure you celebrate today! Going forward you can join my Successful Startup blogging course for how to install plugins, how to create quality content, how to gain loyal readers, how to create a profitable newsletter, etc. Successful Startup is my labor of love – it covers the entire foundation of starting a successful and profitable blog. Normally it sells for $197 (although I’ve had countless people tell me I should charge more, I haven’t because I want to keep it extremely affordable for moms who want to change their families finances) BUT for a limited time I’d like to give you a 50% off coupon brining it to $98. If you choose to join, this supports my family, and it supports your family by showing you the exact steps that you need.
I hope this serves your greatly!
Thanks for being part of our tribe!P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).