Long summer days mean more time for adventure! Fueled by Caribou Coffee (our sponsor) I got to embark on an adventure of my own this weekend. With a break from the family and an evening wedding across the state, I gathered my supplies and headed off for a #12hrAdventure!
I still have a lot of single friends, and everyone knows that when you are in your 20s, summer weekends mean one thing – weddings. I’ve come up with a simple list of do’s and don’ts to help guide you through your last couple weddings this season . . . so sit back and enjoy as you come along with me to a simply beautiful wedding!
7 Do’s and Don’ts of Weddings
1. DO RSVP. Even if you aren’t attending, be sure to tell them! There’s nothing worse than an unknown on that guest list. Plus, if you can’t go, this is a great opportunity to send a congratulations card along to the couple . . . which will save you later on if you forget on the actual day!
2. DON’T forget to prepare & pack up, especially if you’re driving across the state like I did!
3. DO get the proper beverage for your day! The new Crafted Press is an ice coffee from Caribou Coffee that is guaranteed to keep you awake and refreshed. For me, that was a must with the 4 hour drive … and for the bride and her bridesmaids, it was a must for the long day they had ahead of them! (photo)
4. DON’T underestimate your travel time. Plan to be 20-30 minutes early and then add on another 10-30 minutes (depending on how far you are coming from), just to make sure. Worst case scenario – you arrive early and get to enjoy your coffee in your car while you wait for other guests to arrive!
I planned for a total trip of 12 hours – the same amount of time it takes Caribou Coffee to cold steep their coffee. (And let me tell you, cold steep coffee is the absolute best for iced coffee!) I drove 4 hours there, spent 4 hours at the wedding, then drove 4 hours back . . . a busy night, but more than worth it for true friends!
5. DON’T forget a gift! Going by the registry is an easy option, but for something more creative, make a cute DIY Date Jar for the new couple! Give them all your favorite ideas, plus maybe a gift card to enjoy their favorite restaurant.
6. DO dress appropriately. Bring a light sweater for indoor weddings, and if kids are invited, dress them in a nice outfit you don’t mind getting a little messy – wedding cake isn’t really meant to be neat and clean! Oh – and DON’T try to change in the car . . . while you’re driving . . . and no, I didn’t photograph this part of my adventure.
7. DO let loose a little! Eat an extra helping of dessert. Don’t worry about the armpit sweat stains (they happen).
Kick your shoes off so you can dance it out.
Try to catch that bouquet (or let your daughter join the crowd!).
Cheer extra loud for the happy couple when you send them on their way.
These are the things that really make for the best summer memories!
Want to try the Crafted Press from Caribou Coffee free?
Sign up for Caribou Perks from the mobile app and enjoy a complimentary medium beverage if you fill out the option survey on there!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Caribou Coffee.P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).