This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fiber One. All opinions are 100% mine.
Is your diaper bag fully stocked? Here’s a quick list of 10 everyday diaper bag essentials to make sure you’re set no matter what comes your way! Pin this list so you can double check your bag before you head out each day.
First, pick the right bag! I tried a lot of different styles till I figured out I like a backpack diaper bag best (most of the time, that is). Some moms prefer having an official diaper bag, while others like using an oversized purse. It’s totally up to you, try a few, pick a favorite and don’t be afraid to change it up down the road as your life and style changes.
Also, I like to keep my bag minimally packed, that way I’m not toting around excess weight and bulk, especially when it’s an item that is seldom, if ever, used. Age of baby will factor in a little on what exactly you’ll want in your bag but this list should be the perfect place to start and you can tweak it as needed.
10 Diaper Bag Essentials
1. Diapers & Wipes — I know this sounds like a no-brainer but I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve ran out of one or the other because I forgot to restock. It’s always worth double checking that you have enough in there before you head out.
2. An Extra Outfit — because accident happen! I always throw an empty grocery bag or two in with the outfit, that way I have a place to put the messy outfit till I can get home and throw it in the wash.
3. Kid-Friendly Snacks — If you’re baby is still tiny then the snack list is easy: milk! Pack bottles if you’re bottling feeding or snacks for mom if you’re breastfeeding. For older babies and toddlers dried fruit and crackers are a great option. Or if you’re someone who regularly keeps up on your diaper bag and cleans it out, fruit is a great option, bananas, sliced apple wedges, etc.
4. Sippy Cup — make sure to pack sippy cups for older kids, so they don’t get dehydrated during a long day running errands. Grab a water bottle for yourself too!
5. Treat for Mom — After a full day watching a littles one, a treat is well deserved! Pack a little something with you so when that sweet craving pops up you’re good to go! I love Fiber One Cheesecake Bars, a guilt free decadent dessert that will satisfy that sweet craving anytime it strikes — whether it’s 10 a.m. or 10 p.m.! They have two indulgent flavors – Salted Caramel and Strawberry. Strawberry is my personal favorite!
6. One or Two Favorite Small Toys — Pick the toys that your child loves and plays with the most. Toys that keep your child’s attention longer than 60 seconds. As my daughter is getting bigger I sometimes replace one of the toys with a small coloring book and crayons. Switching it up is nice, that way you have a “bag of tricks” when you’re at a restaurant waiting for food.
7. Extra pacifier — this way when you lose the one that was in your baby’s mouth you won’t have a miserable rest of the day. We didn’t use a pacifier with my daughter but for the next child, I’m going to give one a try!
8. Mom’s Stuff — no reason to tote a separate purse/bag with your things. Claim a pocket of the diaper bag for all you things, keys, phone, wallet, make-up (I like to do mine in the car, a quick go with the mascara wand goes a long way to help you feel less blah) and a Fiber One Cheesecake Bar.
9. Tablet — I only take this with us if we’re headed on a long road trip or have a long wait, like a doctor office planned for the day.
10. Nursing cover — not all moms need or want one of these but I love mine and use it all the time. I went through a lot of different styles till I finally found my favorite thing to nurse baby under, a sarong. It’s light and airy, big enough to wrap around and perfect to tie around your neck to secure.
Note: I also keep an extra baby carrier in the back of the car, so I always have it with me but don’t have to tote it along with me in the diaper bag.
Now that your diaper bag is packed and ready to go. Check this out, cheesecake lovers, this is your lucky month:
Fiber One Cheesecake Month Sweepstakes
July 30 is National Cheesecake Day, but why should this amazingly decadent, creamy, dreamy treat only have one day dedicated to it? Fiber One thinks not – they made it a month! Fiber One Cheesecake Appreciation Month runs from July 30 through August 31.
Fiber One is hosting a Fiber One Cheesecake Appreciation Month Sweepstakes on Facebook through August to help everyone participate in the month-long cheesecake celebration — there will be 1-2 winners per day, plus a Grand Prize winner! Go here for more info on the “Pin to Win” Sweepstakes hosted on Fiber One’s Facebook Page.this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).