Fine motor skills are so important for toddlers and preschoolers to help develop the strength that’s needed for a lot of basic skills they need to learn such as tying their shoe laces to learning how to write. There are so many objects that you can use around your home for basic fine motor activities, but I’ve found that kids LOVE clothespin activities! What’s great is you probably already have these on hand and if not they’re super cheap to purchase. I’ve rounded up some of the best fine motor activities using clothespins for some fine motor fun! These activites range from simple no prep to ones with fun free printables from some of my favorite blogs!
18 Activities to Develop Fine Motor Skills
1. Clothespin Math – from Mess For Less
Very little prep and practices fine motor and math skills!
2. Counting Octopus – An adorable animal craft that focuses on number recognition and fine motor. From Reading Confetti.
3. Painting With Clothespins -Such a fun and colorful art activity from Teaching 2 And 3 Year Olds. Great for teaching motor skills and texture!
4. Claw Grabbing Machine – The perfect last minute quick prep activity from Hands On As We Grow.
5. Stegosaurus Counting – For the dinosaur lovers, some easy number recognition! From Every Star Is Different
6. Hung Out To Dry – An easy literacy and fine motor activity that will keep the kids busy! From What Do We Do All Day
7. Clothespins and Megabloks – Great for color matching! Plus she has a round up of 20 fun fine motor activities to check out from Laly Mom
8. Shapes, Counting, and Colors Busy Bag with Printable – These free printables are adorable from Powerful Mothering!
9. Big Mouth Creature – Great for recycling those parmesan cheese containers! From Therapy Fun Zone
10. Hungry Caterpillar – A fun Eric Carle fine motor activity from Adventures Of Adam.
11. Clothespin Bunnies – Incorporates fine motor skills and it makes a fun art activity from Still Playing School.
12. The Mixed Up Chameleon – Another Eric Carle activity, this one incorporates fine motor skills and a counting game inspired by the book! From Buggy And Buddy.
13. Ocean Animals Count & Clip Cards – Another great free printable! This one is from Preschool Powol Packets.
14. Color Matching Jellyfish – This is an adorable color matching activity from School Time Snippets!
15. Color Matching Fine Motor Turkey – A fun activity for Thanksgiving, perfect for when the turkeys cooking! From I Heart Arts n Crafts.
16. Clothespin Dinosaurs – Another fun dinosaur activity, this one comes with a free printable! From Teaching Mama.
17. Clothespin Sensory Play – A fun twist on a fine motor activity. From Child Central Station.
18. Paint With Pom Poms – Another great art activity that incorporates some fine motor skills! From Fantastic Fun And Learning.
Love this post? Connect with us:
Connect with us on Pinterest!
Follow us on Facebook!
Jackie is a stay at home mom who writes over at I Heart Arts n Crafts. Where she shares her latest adventures in mommyhood from free printables, parenting advice while surviving the terrible twos, and her favorite arts & crafts projects!P.S. Are you looking for extra side income? I make full-time income blogging part-time—check out this easy step-by-step tutorial on how start a blog (no tech knowledge required).